You know what? It's good! Really good!
And a very pretty colour, don't you agree?
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- about 1/2 lb of chopped turkey breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- olive oil (about two table spoons)
- 1 cup of crushed walnuts
- 1 medium size bowl of grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. When it's good and hot, add the turkey and some salt and sear the outside. We're looking to get it brown, not necessarily cook it all the way through. This should take between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Remove the turkey to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onion and garlic with a pinch of salt. Let everything cook down for about 5 minutes, then add spices. Let the spices cook for about a minute, then add the broccoli and mix. Let that cook for a minute or two, then add the soy milk.
- Reduce heat to low and let everything cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and grab your immersion blender and blend til everything is nice and, well, blended. It will look like a mint green smoothie.
- Add the meat back in and turn the heat back on. Cook on medium for another 5-10 minutes to get everything nicely mixed. Add the lemon juice to give it some zip and check for seasonings.
- Serve with grated carrots and walnuts for garnish.
|Yes, that's a giant bag of red lentils in the background. I lurve me some lentils. :)|