Spanish Beans (inspired by Epicurious)
- 1 onion, diced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling (about 1 tsp)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cans (19oz) Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Small handful of parsley, minced
- 4-6 sprigs of winter and/or summer savory, leaves removed and minced
- 2-3 big handfuls of baby spinach (or more if you wish)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Cook the onion with a small amount of oil and a pinch of salt in a medium pot over medium heat until onion is soft, about 6 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and paprika and let cook about 1 min.
- Stir in herbs and beans, then add spinach and a scant 1/4 cup of water. Mix until combined, and let cook for a couple of minutes, uncovered, until the spinach wilts a bit. If the mixture looks too dry or is sticking to the pot, add more water.
- Just before serving, add lemon juice for added zippiness.
- Check of seasonings and adjust as necessary, then comer!