This quiche doesn't have a crust. The original calls for baking the quiche in one big pan, which works, but I wanted cute little quiches, so I put mine in muffin tins. Not a bad plan, and they looked cute, but I destroyed my muffin tins because I forgot to grease them first. So word to the wise, grease your bakeware!
- 6 eggs
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 onion, fine dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 large handfuls of fresh spinach or kale (if using kale, cut into small pieces and remove the ribs)
- olive oil for sauteing and greasing
- mixed herbs of your choice (parsley, oregano, etc)
- feta cheese, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Saute onion, garlic, and broccoli over medium heat for a few minutes with a pinch of salt, just to get them a little soft.
- If using kale, add it with the other veggies, if using spinach, wait until the veggies are soft, turn the heat off, and add it at the end, mixing until it's wilted.
- While the veggies are doing their thing, scramble the eggs with a splash of water (makes them fluffy), a pinch of salt, and your chopped herbs.
- Grease the muffin tins, then all the veggies to the tins first. Fill the tins about 1/2 way up. I got about 8 standard-size muffin tins filled with veggies.
- Add the eggs! Just pour them in until they come close to the top, but not all the way up. They will puff up while cooking.
- Sprinkle each one with a little feta cheese.
- Pop in the oven for about 15 mins, or until the tops are brown.