It's a meat burger with beautiful Vietnamese flavours. The original recipe can be found here, and I've modified it o make it more BTD friendly. This is not a 100% compliant burger because of the fish sauce (anchovies), but it just tastes so darn good that I can overlook the small deviation from the diet.
As for the original recipe from Bodyrock.tv, I'm not keen on sauces with meat, so I made a pear fruit salad, which really involved grilling pears and pineapple and adding them to a salad of tossed greens and some walnuts.
Ingredients - Burger
- 2 lbs ground turkey (mixed breast and thigh)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp honey or agave
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions - Burger
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit for at least 20 mins. The longer, the better.
- Form into patties and grill. I grill mine for about 10 mins per side.
- Serve with salad. What salad? This salad!
Ingredients - Salad
- 2 pears, chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 a pineapple, chopped into large chunks
- small handful of basil and parsley, minced
- drizzle of olive oil
- skewers for grilling
Directions - salad
- Combine all ingredients together (except skewers) and let sit for a few minutes.
- Thread the fruit onto skewers and cook on the grill with your burgers.
- Combine the grilled fruit with mixed greens, lemon juice and olive oil. Top with walnuts for some crunch.